Programme Officer - Media
Applicants should be post-graduates in journalism/mass communication with 4-5 years of work experience in a reputed PR agency, print or electronic media house. Excellent written and oral skills with good computer and internet proficiency, especially in MS-Word and Powerpoint are essential.
Candidates would be expected to:
- Develop and execute a definite short and long-term strategy for media advocacy on tobacco control and related public health issues.
- Imaginatively develop and implement media activities in consultation with other team members.
- Develop ways to increase the capacity of media to report on tobacco control.
- Research, write, and edit - press releases, stories, reports, brochures and other communication material as required.
- Cultivate relationships with editors, journalists of key media organizations and sensitize them on current and emerging issues.
- Compile and maintain lists of journalists from various media who write/report on health/tobacco-related issues.
- Track tobacco industry indirect/surrogate ad campaigns and other forms of publicity.
- Capacitate NGO network partners/project partner members in the states to conduct effective media advocacy.
- Work in collaboration with the web team to upload media-related materials, press clippings, photographs for the website.
- Maintain relationships with and oversee outputs of external agencies and consultants hired on retainership for specific assignments.
- Work closely with research, advocacy and web teams to ensure integration of approaches and coordination of activities.
Interested candidates may please email us their applications along with detailed CVs latest 27th July 2016
Please mention ‘Application for the post of Programmme Officer – Media
’ in the subject line.
Emoluments for this position will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The positions will be on contractual basis.
Smokers and tobacco users are strongly discouraged from applying as VHAI promotes a tobacco-free environment
The Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Association of India,
B-40, Qutub Institutional Area,
New Delhi -110016