Axshya District Coordinator (Rajasthan, Punjab)
District Coordinator, to coordinate implementation of Global Fund Round 9 supported Axshya Project being implemented by VHAI in selected districts. The overall aim of Axshya Project is to improve the access to quality DOTS services and prevent emergence of drug resistance.
: Barmer,Dungarpur & Sirohi– Rajasthan; Ludhiana & Fatehgarh Sahib - Punjab
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Responsible to implement the ACSM project activities in the target districts to achieve the impact committed in the project proposal.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of activities in the assigned districts, in line with the project design framework.
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the project activities through NGO/CV/PP in the selected districts
- Responsible for providing the necessary support to the Programme Manager and the assistant Programme Manager in documenting and compiling and submission of reports.
- Assist in social mobilization interventions aimed at improving community participation in improving care-seeking behavior of symptomatic persons.
- Community systems strengthening including capacity building of Community Based Organizations and Community mobilization, in coordination with civil society.
- Engagement and capacity building with NGOs and Self Help Groups to provide community linkages with local available state level social welfare schemes.
- Assist in coordinating periodic meetings of RNTCP Officers and civil society for regular trainings and reporting.
- Assist in training and engaging rural healthcare providers in RNTCP
- Strengthening linkages between TB and HIV services.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting from the assigned district/s to the state headquarters and Programme Manager/s
- Community sensitization, in coordination with civil society
- Travel widely within the selected districts of performance.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Drive / commitment to work and good health and willingness to travel extensively for supervision and monitoring the ACSM activities
- Foster the development of partnerships and facilitate close and effective relationship with civil society partners
- The DC will be responsible for upholding organizational core values, program management and achieving results in a defined geographical area.
- Ability to effectively develop coordination with the government systems
- Knowledge of local socio-cultural beliefs and practices
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good command over local languages and dialects
- Preferably resident of district where desire to work
- A post-graduate in social work/social sciences with at least 3-5 years of experience of managing public health programmes.
- Experience in Program Management/ Communicable diseases/ rural/ integrated community development and experience in program / project implementation
- Previous work experience with civil society organizations and ACSM strategy in health systems
- Previous experience of working in RNTCP will be an asset.
- Persons with a two wheeler with a valid driving license will be preferred
Around Rs 23,000/Month and Travel Allowance
Smart candidates with required qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply with updated CV, photograph, 2 references and one page write up on why they are suitable for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Application for post of DC Axshya Project – (Name of the districts)
” in subject line by 15th June 2016
. Short listed candidates will be required to come for personal discussion at Delhi at their own expenses.
The Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Association of India, B-40, Qutub Institutional Area,
New Delhi -110016
Smokers and tobacco users are strongly discouraged from applying