Program Officer (Advocacy) Uttar Pradesh
Applications are invited to strengthen Voluntary Health Association of India’s Tobacco Control initiatives in Uttar Pradesh.
Applicants should be post-graduatein public health/social work/social sciences. They should have at least 5-8 years of experience and knowledge on public health and related issues, have basic advocacy skills and experience in networkingand working closelywith the government.
Applicants are expected to be driven and self-motivated, with command over spoken and written English and Hindi. Also essential are good computer and internet proficiency, especially in MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position requires working in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking efficiently and managing timelines. Emoluments for this position will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position will be based in Lucknow
with some travel.
Candidates would be expected to:
- Network and establish connection with all key stakeholders like senior bureaucrats, politicians, media and civil society partners.
- Liaison and establish new partners and leaders within the state government, political parties and other stakeholders.
- Regular advocacy with key people via representations, IEC, in person meetings etc.
- Capacitate stakeholders to take initiative and leadership in tobacco control via meetings, sensitization works shops etc.
- Imaginatively develop, implement and coordinatetobacco control activities in consultation with other team members and partners.
- Liaison with and facilitating in fixing up appointments with high level officials in UP.
- Document and develop project specific communication material /briefs as and when required.
- Regular communication with National team.
- Maintain relationships with and oversee outputs of external agencies and consultants hired on retainer ship for specific assignments.
Interested candidates may please email their applications along with detailed CV to email@example.com
Please mention ‘Application for the post of Program Officer (Advocacy) Uttar Pradesh
’ in the subject line.
Smokers and tobacco users are strongly discouraged from applying as VHAI promotes a tobacco-free environment
The Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Association of India,
B-40, Qutub Institutional Area,
New Delhi -110016